Monday

How to get your Prospects to return your calls



ONE: More than once, state the name of a prominent person who referred you. 

TWO: Mention a specific point you want to talk with them about.

THREE:
Mention how the call will benefit them.

FOUR:
Suggest a specific date/time: "I will be in my office tomorrow morning between 9:00 and 12:00, and I hope you get an opportunity to call me then." This suggests that a returned call in that span won't initiate long-term telephone tag. "When you return my call, I will explain how my services can improve your company's employee morale and customer service at the same time." "I’ll appreciate the chance to hear your feedback about the bid I sent you last week."
 

FIVE: Give the recipient the privilege of setting the preferred date/time.

SIX: Promise to keep the return call brief.

SEVEN:
Confine your message to three or four sentences, even with a receptionist.

EIGHT: Say something that connects you with their organization.

NINE:
Give your phone number at the start of your message and again at the end.

TEN: Say, "In case it's better for you to return the call after hours, here is my cell phone number." This doubles your access, and indicates you give service beyond closing time. If the person missed jotting it down the first time, she has a second chance without replaying the message. "I know your company quite well, because I did an internship there during my years at the university." If the executive assistant or voice mail message identifies you as longwinded, you are less likely to get called back.
 
Tips by Sean McPheat


"When you return my call, I promise to take no more than three minutes of your time. You can hang up if I’m not finished by then." "I’m going to give you my E-mail address now. Will you please send me a short message, mentioning what day and time are convenient for us to talk? I will keep my line clear for your return call then." Open the call, not with your own name ("Hi, I’m Bill Lampton"), but with the referring party’s name: "Harley Smith suggested that you might be interested in hearing about my services." Then close with, "As I said earlier, our mutual friend Harley Smith prompted me to call you."


Tina M Kraft
303-425-3511
tinamkraft@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment